Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Woodhenge Deep Well PVC Hand Pump Kits Available

The PVC Version of my deep well hand pump kit is available. The cost is $250 + postage, I will know the exact cost of the postage by the end of the week. I'm sending Sharon Astyk a kit to do
a 'test run' with her son. I will publish their opinion of the kit and instructions as they complete and test it. My wife already 'red penned' the first version of the plans and version #2 has been updated and printed...always marry someone smarter than yourself!

The Stainless steel and brass version of the pump kit will be available shortly. The cost for that kit will be $400 + postage. Both kits will include a modified cast iron pitcher pump and all parts except for the drop pipe and cable. I don't include those items because they are commonly available, too bulky to ship and I don't know the depth of your well. All of the machining has been done for you. All the buyer has to do is assemble, install and adjust the pump.

I tend to forget that not everybody is a shop teacher/tinkerer and my wife pointed out that it isn't common knowledge for designing, building and operating a router fixture for cutting o-ring grooves, for example. Sorry about that...

Everything is growing around here. We put in over 1400 seedlings this pans long holiday weekend and other than trusting a kid worker to do a good job all went well...tomato plants and other seedlings don't tend to grow well if you simply drop them on top of the ground and cover them with old hay...it took a couple of hours to redig the holes and bury them to the right depth...I'm still grumbling about the 'mistake' under my breath...I thought they planted things a bit quickly; the drooping leaves and stems were my first clue.

While the kid workers weren't planting I was installing a solar powered pump into my well for watering the plants. I finished hooking up everything yesterday, just as it got so cloudy that there wasn't enough sun to run the pump for a test run. The theory is sound though; whenever the sun shines the pump pumps water into two 275 gallon containers and all we have to do is turn valves on to the row of crops we want to drip irrigate. I also added filters and a place to get water for spot watering and washing up. There will be 3000' of drip irrigated vegetables when all is said and done.

I'm going camping this coming weekend to my favorite island in the middle of an Adirondack lake. I'm leaving directions on how to install 6' fencing on the 10' poles. We're adding wire above the fencing with tell-tails to discourage the deer...it will look like a WWII German POW camp whe it is all done.

Enjoy the rain! I know my trees and plants are cheering it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home