Monday, May 11, 2009

Ordering and information about the deep well hand pump

Hi

We've gotten quite a response to Sharon Astyk's blog about the book and pump. If you e-mail me you will probably get a variation of what follows this note. I ask your patience..things are happening quickly and I still have the farm work to do between other chores. Look at the other recent blog pages in this website.

Thank you in advance for understanding. -Jim-


I've updated my website recently to include some things that you should know about your well before investing in the
deep well hand pump plans or kit. Go to www.woodhenge.org and do a bit of reading. It will either make me a little
money or save you some. I describe how to find the static level of your well in one of the recent blogs and that is
what you are looking to find out. I will have the tables to change the drop pipe diameter to keep the weighting/leverage
needed to raise water with an easy stroke with my pump. Parts for my pump won't be much more than $150 and most of them
are available at a hardware store or plumbing supply place. I will supply the addresses and part numbers of the harder to get things
like the stainless steel spring and carbied tipped round nosed router cutter bit for the o-ring groove..

I'm waiting for discounted quantity costs on parts from several local suppliers so I can offer a kit to people interested in building a
deep well hand pump with all of the parts machined for the buyer. There will also be a stainless steel and brass version of the kit
for greater longevity and resistance to corrosive water.

Plans for the PVC and stainless steel pump will be available by the end of this week.

Kits for the PVC pump version will be available by the end of this month (May). Stainless and brass kits
will be available by the end of June. There is the possibility of an abbreviated kit that only contains the
hard to get parts and the parts that need some machining; this will allow the buyer to find the
off-the shelf parts on their own, but be able to afford the pump as parts cna be purchased.

Don't hold me to it, but a parts kit for the PVC pump should be around $250 (this wouldn't include the drop pipe
and 1/8"Stainless steel wire rope, because the pipe is too bulky and I don't know the depth of every customer's
well).

The stainless/brass version would be around $400. Just the spring and grooved piston/check valve for the PVC
version wold be around $50 and for the machined brass piston/check valve, 2" stainless steel cylinder and
stainless steel spring around $150. These are close estimates, but as I said I'm waiting for quantity breaks for prices.

The pump plans will cost $20 including postage. and I accept cash or check sent to (I'm working on a paypal account,
but philosophically don't like credit cards!):

James S. Juczak
14910 Fuller Rd.
Adams Center, NY 13606

My book, "The High Art and Subtle Science of Scrounging" is available for $20 plus $5 postage (the prepaid
mailers cost me $4.95 at the post office). Payment and address are the same as above.

Thank you very much for your interest. -Jim-

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mark Williams said...

Good job!!! I used to get so mad at you when you made fun of people for no reason. stainless steel compression tube fittings | Coils & Sheets Suppliers India

 

Post a Comment

<< Home