Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm going on a whilrwind tour ...

I will not be posting for a week or so. I will be going on a tour of eastern NY and Vermont. I will be stopping at my client/friend's home in Indian Lake, NY to do some measuring for his "Operation Independence" project. Hans wants to have almost 10 kW of photovoltaics, a 64 tube ETC (evacuated tube collector) system for domestic hot water and home heating, a 12 hp listeroid powered generator and more done by the end of this project. My job with him is to teach him how to do the work that will save him the most money and get the best value for his efforts. We will do things like dig and pour the bases for the pv racking system, building the ETC system from scratch, getting the listeroid and generator head from Canada and building the frame and controls for them.

There is room enough for people interested in lending a hand to get in on this process...we will be setting up the calendar for the various component builds. Please e-mail me if you are interested in learning and helping- jsjuczak@gisco.net.

From there I will be going to Morrisonville, NY to help my friend Bruce connect up all of the parts to his wind and sun powered energy system. We'll be doing the detailed wiring and placement of components for a photovoltaic and wind system. His batteries arrived yesterday and he found out that the battery box he'd built was not the right size.

From there I will be visiting my friend Roy H. in Vermont. We hope to take a trip to Williston, VT to visit the Earth Turbines factory.

Then I go home. Friday is our 32nd anniversary of meeting- I hope to get home in time to take my wife and kid out to dinner...whirlwind!

I'm also starting to set up the "Woodhenge Workshop" calendar. Many of you readers have met me at various events and listened to me lecture or watch me demonstrate...tell me what you'd
like to learn and I will see if I can accommodate your needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home