Saturday, January 30, 2010

Odds and ends

I'm just finishing up a production of 6 PVC and stainless steel pump kits. several are already spoken for, but you can get yours if you contact me at jsjuczak@gisco.net. on a first-served-first-come basis. Next week I will be producing 3 of the stainless steel and brass versions.

I will be writing heavily over the next few weeks, this isn't a career path I ever imagined myself taking...I just seem to have naturally migrated to it. I've been asked to write a number of articles on a wide range of topics including:
1) Stone circle building- I'm helping to set up a small version of Stonehenge at the Kripalu Yoga and Wellness Center in Adams Center, NY...we'll be setting up a gathering area utilizing traditional techniques and modern techniques with stones ranging from several hundred pounds to over 10 tons. The article should appear in the upcoming issue of Metaphysical Times.
2) Practical uses for paper mache...I will be writing an article for a craft/papermaking magazine (I do not recall its name right now) on sculpting a home from papercrete. Recounting the techniques we used in building our cordwood and papercrete home.
3) Water and water pumping for Back Home Magazine. How to figure out where your water is and how to build a hand pump to get it out of the ground.

I've also submitted my applications to two school districts to become a substitute teacher and will submit two more early next week.

Our farm plans are solidifying. Lee and I are just beginning to figure out what quantities we wish to plant and in what order. We'll also be looking to team up with the local CSA association to see if we can join them this year...they have over 200 members and needed more vegetables than they produced last summer...we actually let some things like broccoli and cabbage rot on the stem at the end of the season!

Enjoy your day! -Jim-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home