Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Projects at the moment

I've always been busy. Right now we're working on a series
of projects all at the same time. My book on homestead water
supply systems is in progress, as well as the article on finding water
and building your own deep well hand pump for Back Home Magazine.
I have also started the construction of six deep well hand pump kits
several have been ordered and I need to get the parts together
and sent to the customers.

We started a 24' x 32' cottage fro my parents (Florida residents that
want to avoid the peak heat of the summer). It is conventionally framed
and we put up the weather tight shell in just under two weeks, including
the 12 concrete columns we're using as the foundation! We're taking the
rest of the project a bit slower. Yesterday the last of the internal walls
were completed. We'll move onto outside trim if the weather stays good
this week. Got to go over to my brother-in-laws house to get the scaffolding.

I'm taking the time freed up by being gainfully unemployed to do some needed
home renovations...Andy (our long term kid worker) and I are caulking and
finishing all of the little spots of spackling that leak air and heat out of our cordwood
home.

We are also renovating the power room and beginning our spring cleaning.

I've begun to develop a customer base for energy consulting. Hans is my main
client right now. He is working with me on designing his "Project Independence"
that involves 8Kw of pv, Wind, Evacuated tube heating systems and a long
lived diesel generator set-up. He is also working on food production and long term
water supplies. We have similar views on what is going to happen to 'normal society'
once the economy crashes. Our outlooks are not very positive.

Have a great day! -Jim-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home