Sunday, October 23, 2011

A call for help to Cornell Cooperative Extension

I made it to FOB Pasab in the Kandahar region of Afghanistan. My work here is on a number of levels. I am building and demonstrating/teaching self-reliance systems involving solar power, wind power, energy efficient cooking, manual water pumping, water filtration, and lots more. I came prepared with a number of project areas that could be adapted to the various situations at hand. One of the areas my team operates out of is the local Agricultural Center. It is located just a few hundred yards off of the FOB (Forward Operating Base) and is presently being restored as far as buildings and some infrastructure. I am part of the agricultural team comprised of 5 members of the 3BCT (3rd Brigade Combat Team) assigned to do projects through and at this center. The scope of the work is large. The center occupies approximately 50 acres and is intended, in the long term, to fufill the function of a Cornell Cooperative Extension Experimental Farm and Office. I am aware that Cornell University is interested in participating in a venture here and the opportunities for 'good work' are almost innumerable. If you are interested in utilizing my experiences here and with my present level of expertise in helping to facilitate the endeavor I am willing to offer my help. The opportunity for Cornell students and faculty abounds and the research projects would certainly, in my opinion, enhance Cornell's world-wide reputation.

Feel free to contact me at my AKO address (james.s.juczak.ctr@us.army.mil) or my regular e-mail address jsjuczak@gisco.net.

Sincerely,

James s. Juczak (Jim)
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home