Friday, July 10, 2009

I don't usually answer comments, but...

Hi to the two recent people that made some comments on my website and activities.

First off,
I didn't completely 'jump ship' on my teaching career. My wife, Krista, is also an employee of the same district I used to work for. I'm 'vested' in the NY State Teachers' Retirement System and will get around 50% of my final average salary when I'm 55. My wife has continued to maintain our family's health insurance and since she's taught there for 20+ years we're vested in that after her retirement. I also continue to contribute to the NYS Ret. Sys. by teaching adult ed. classes at our local community college. I've also been offered a position as "Director of Energy Resources" for that college; basically writing my own job description- developing a 2-year program for renewable energy system design and installation, coordinating the various campus programs to support that, developing the specific classes for hands on installation of the materials, working with the various certification agencies, improving the campus' use of renewables and energy conservation program, recruiting students for the degree program, coordinating efforts between 2 & 4 year colleges so we can 'feed' 4- year programs with students interested in persuing a 4-year degree, and more. However, the position is tentative based upon the receipt of a 3-year federal grant. I'm not worried.

To the gentleman from Florida. If I ever come to Florida I will look you up and come and give a talk, if you are still interested. Contact me for further information at jsjuczak@gisco.net. My parents live in Sun City Center, FL, and I do actually get to visit them there every few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home