Sunday, June 28, 2009

Aeromotor Water Pumping Wind Mill Found! Yahoo!

My friend Richard Douglass (the one I traveled with recently to get his flour mill from N Carolina) called yesterday to say that he had read an ad in a local paper that somebody was selling a water pumping wind turbine. He knew I was looking to get one to add to our own version of homeland security here at Woodhenge. The price was quoted in the ad as $500. As the ones I had priced out as new for an 8' diameter Aeromotor with a 30' tower were well over $6000 by the time I added shipping and all of the little bits I told him to go ahead, if it was in fair shape, and buy it for me. He called a few hours later and said that it had a few small missing parts (a return spring) and that a couple of pieces were bent, but overall it was in fine shape and as a bonus it didn't have a 30' tower, but a 50' tower!

Since I'm also in the process of writing a book on water systems for the homesteader this is a perfect opportunity to practice what I'm preaching. The book: "Water, Water Everywhere...How to Get a Drink?" will cover the basics of how to get potable water both with and without available electric power. Hand pumps (suction and deep well), piston pumps, solar pumps, digging your own well, basic plumbing, and wind powered water pumps will all be included.

We're leaving on a week long camping trip tomorrow and I have a job list a mile long to get done before we leave...I still might try to get the machine home before we leave...just to think about rebuilding it while I admire the scenery in our Adirondac campsite.

If you are interested in learning first hand how these wind turbines function you are welcome to come and lend a hand with it reconstruction and erection! Contact me at jsjuczak@gisco.net
or 315 771-7333.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home