Sunday, February 26, 2012

Teaching and practicing for the fun of it!


Hi All;

It has continued to be busy around here at Woodhenge. I have been feeling positively paranoid these days...this means that I see the potential for disaster looming in the near future, but choose to continue to develop both relationships and practice skills that will make me a resource and not a target if the crash happens. To that end I'm including pictures with today's blog that show what I mean by skills and friends.

The first picture is of the ingredients, plus other stuff that was accidentally left on the counter for making 3+ pounds of mozzarella. Basically we needed 3 gallons of milk, some lemon juice (the recipe calls for citric acid, but I couldn't find any), some rennet, some kosher salt, three stainless steel pots, a few spoons, a slotted spoon, a screen type strainer and a food thermometer.

My friend Jeff, his son, Nick and Kristina, our German house guest were the 'students' that got together with me and, in under an hour, we had three balls of fresh mozzarella cheese. Google 30-minute mozzarella for the recipe and details of making cheese.
















Mixing the milk with rennet or lemon juice The curds being cut after they've set up.
while heating it.



















Stirring the curds and whey. Squeezing the whey out of the cheese.


Who cut the cheese? The reason for the cheese!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home