Sunday, January 28, 2007

Odds and Ends

Hi All; We do a lot of things here at Woodhenge. Yesterday we had a two high School classes from Saranack Lake High School come for a tour and explaination of how to build axial flux wind turbines. They could only stay for four hours and really needed eight! I'm hoping that some of them come back for the longer tour and explaination.

Is anyone interested in turkeys? My wife has put the challenge forth for me to grow everything we need for this coming Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to order either eggs or poults from one of the hatcheries. They come in batches of 15 to 20 and there is quite a variety. If anyone wants us to grow their turkeys for them or wants some birds that are ready to move and grow on their own just drop us a line.
We'll hatch and grow the birds for the first 8 weeks or so in our school's agriculture classroom. We might include some guinea hens in the batch, just for the fun of it..I've heard they are good (noisy) watch birds.

Who'd like to earn $100 in a finders fee? Woodhenge is looking for a water pumping wind turbine. New ones go for over $10,000! We want to buy a good used one for well under $1000. The most important part is the gearbox that is on top of the tower. We can fix the blades, we can build our own tower. We'd like the part of the pump system that goes into the well, but that's not necessary. Anyone interested in going on the hunt for us; it would be really appreciated!

Well Ive got to go off and finish my grades, insulate a wall and fill our fuel tanks.
Enjoy your day.
-Jim-

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Tony and Clyde said...

I didn't see any comments, I thought that strange. Anyways, my two cents:

You said, "I don't think our planet can support 6 billion people." I agree. The only thing I could figure to do to help the situation was not to have kids. I'm 47 now, no kids.

You said, "Consume and let others figure out how to fix the problems associated with that consumption." They have been thinking that way a long time, but maybe the whole global warming thing will start to wake them up. I am convinced that it's really too late to stop a crisis situation, and I hope I'm wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home